Food! 💕😍 Don’t we all just love it. It’s not just a necessity for living, good food is a necessity for our souls!
Growing up food has been a very important part of my life, and I can proudly say I love to cook and bake. If only we could live on such food and have great bodies. If only! 🤔
But don’t we all get that overwhelming feeling of guilt when you overindulge and eat more calories that you should have! This led me to come up with some low fat, low carb versions of foods I loved. 💡💁🏻
I’m also including a table of foods that are low in calories to help you improvise.💯✅
So here are a few food ideas that are low in calories yet super yummy!
- Vegetable Salad– Get creative and put all kinds of veges that you like in a big bowl. Tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumber, spinach, lettuce, steamed green beans, broccoli, baby corn, olives etc. Crush some garlic in a small bowl, add salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil and drizzle on top of your salad. Let it rest for a while and a super yummy salad is ready to eat!
- Fruit Granola Yogurt– This is a breakfast favourite for me. In a small bowl add some yogurt, cut up fruit, strawberries, bananas, apple, any berries, and add muesli, a bit of nuts and drizzle some honey on top! A yummy, high energy super bowl of a breakfast is ready to eat!
- Smoothie Snack- A great snack or a mini meal in itself, take half a glass of skim milk, add a banana, add a generous spoonful of peanut butter, and a bit of honey or a spoonful of sugar. Blitz in a blender with ice and you have a yum smoothie ready. Improvise with strawberries, blueberries, etc and also you can add some protein powder or oatmeal to make it a bit more filling!
- Sautéed Italian Chicken- Take a lean cut of boneless chicken, add some olive oil, salt, pepper, red chilli flakes or chilli powder, oregano, fresh coriander, crushed garlic, crushed ginger and leave in the fridge for an hour. Heat a nonstick pan and add the chicken steaks and cook until done. So easy to make and super tasty!
- Garlic Brown Bread- Easier than saying Garlic, just take some multigrain bread or brown bread. In a small bowl crush garlic, salt, a teeny tiny bit of butter and spread on your slice and toast! If you’ve worked extra hard at the gym, just grate some cheese on top! Enjoy!
- Low Fat Pancakes- Add two eggs, a glass of milk, one banana, a spoon of sugar or 2 of honey, a pinch of salt and mash together. On a nonstick pan, grease ever-so-slightly and add a ladle of batter. Flip over and cook through until lovely golden brown. Enjoy with fresh fruit, some Nutella if you please or even alone! Gluten free and super healthy pancakes!
- Egg Bake- Beat two eggs, add chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander, salt, pepper, red chilli powder, fresh green chillis (if you like a spicy kick in your food) some grated cheese and add to a greased or muffin mound lined with baking paper. Fill up the mounds and bake for 10-15 minutes until the eggs are cooking through and the top is golden brown! Yummy and so easy to make.
- Cottage Cheese Steak- Cut a block of paneer in thin long slices. Now in a bowl add some lime juice, salt, pepper, red chillis, a few drops of olive oil, a dash of soy sauce and a pinch of sugar. Add the slices in the marinate and then cook the steaks in nonstick pan until the outside is crispy and golden brown. Enjoy your Chinese style vegetarian steaks.
So here are a few easy ideas for eating clean. Get creative improvise and share any ideas below that you have tried and tested! More recipes coming soon! Let me know if you cook any of these and how you liked them. Until next time my foodies.❤️