Namaste! To all all my fellow creativity conspirators.
I was sitting and thinking how badly I’m crushing on Mason Jars! And I thought, since I’ve personally used them for a ton of things, why not share a Do-It-Yourself post about these handy babies. I’ve always loved them, but this week they’ve just been glaring at me. I think it’s because Summer is here, the days are long and my creativity has been a running wild. I find summer so beautiful, colorful and happy, making my brain turn towards Summer décor.
Here are a few cool ideas for our DIY Mason Jars:
- These beauties are lovely for serving smoothies, iced coffee, fresh juices, just add a straw and serveeee! They’re also handy for serving popsickles, layered desserts and even icecream. Go wild. Not only are these cheap but also the glass is pretty tough and you don’t have to be very delicate in handling them! (Especially for my butter fingered friends, I’m one of you! Hahaha :P)
- Storage! Most mason jars come with screw on lids, which mean it provides an easy storage facility. All your extra tapes, pins, hair clips, rubber bands can be stored in these. Just add a pretty ribbon on the neck and it’s good to sit on your dressing table!
- Flowers. Oh so pretty. Don’t we all love flowers. Change up your usual flower giving gift idea and instead get fresh flowers from a florist or your garden and present them to someone with a pretty bunch sitting in a pretty jar. Great use after the flowers die (ohno 🙁 I hate that) but the person will remember your lovely thought by using the cute little mason jar.
- Candle lamps. Yes put a pretty candle in light it up and watch the flame make the glass glow. Coloured glass mason jars are great too for a dinner party to put on your cocktail table. Pretty little tea lights work well too.
- Herb Garden. No I’m not crazy. Hahaha. Grow organic mint, coriander, basil etc by adding earth to some jars and plant the seeds. Watch them grow. Also, don’t forget to water or over water them! Ready to use and oh so fresh.
- Stationary dividers. For people like me who can’t have enough of stationary, make pen, pencil, paintbrush, sketchpen holders by keeping these mason jars on your study table.
- Change! All that lose change that you have, start a penny jar. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to fill it and how quickly it fills up hahaha. Go buy yourself a chocolate with it once the jar is full. Run along.
- Now this last one is a little bit of work. Take some wire and wrap it around the neck of the jar. Now twist it up and form a little handle on the top. Use these to hang as little decorations in your garden and fill them up with coloured paper or flowers, potpourri, or candles to create a fun garden party décor and hang from little branches to jazz up the scene.
Of course these are just a few easy DIY ideas for the ever so versatile mason jars. Go crazy, paint them, stick tags, spray on some glitter and see them make any corner look super cute.
Time to go eat that mango icecream lying in the fridge..in a, you guessed it, Mason Jar! 😀
Please do comment below and share some great uses for these jars by using #artistrybysahej and #tgac. Till the next DIY my friends, toodles!