Well hello my lovelies! Since Chandigarh is going to host a concert for what feels like the first time (is it?)… it seems just about fitting that I help you out with a few pointers regarding what to wear and what to definitely not bring out this festival season. Agreed or not, music festivals lay down the perfect atmosphere for endorphins and hormones to rage and the best way to put your best foot forward is to to give your inner beauty the best outer appearance EVER! So have a great time and let my Jiminy Cricket to your fashion be ever so adhered to!
Well my dear ladies, there are some very basic dos and don’ts to look out for!
- Do not overdo your makeup. Mind the weather and of course cover the bases but lose the contour!
- Do go as crazy as you can with your accessories. If there is any place that gives women the right to channel their inner boho chic, its a music festival. So go shopping and by some rings, bracelets, anklets, and don’t be scared of pairing them all together.
- Do experiment with prints. Playing around with prints and pairing of different types together is yet another fashion faux pas that is music festival appropriate. Go all indie rocker and nobody looking at you is going to be complaining.
- Do stay classic. And yes I mean classic! Black is a lifeline for those less inclined to experiment. So pair up your favorite black tee with some shorts and shoes and a few accessories and voila! you have turned the simplest of outfits to something to be jealous of 😉
- Do not attempt heels. People you will be at a music festival. Lose the tower syndrome. There is no need for anything but comfy (and cute) flats. Make sure the shoes you wear are those that you are able to stand in for the entire night and rock those dance moves!
- Do keep the hair simple. Make a cute teased pony tail, figure out some adorable hairstyles like sock buns, or just leave your tresses to their natural habitat. The heat and humidity isn’t on anybody’s side and you don’t want to worry about the mess your hair is in!
Alright for all my favorite men out there!
One of my favorite men has suggested (very strongly) that the way he would look ‘SEXY’ is by doing on a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans and some boots. Oooo! Ahhh! The joy of a guy in boots and not flip-flops. Boys, dump those godforsaken flip-flops by a beach where they belong.
To be able to pull off the bad boy image that every girl goes ga-ga over (and girls be true to yourself: every one of us is looking for the bad boy who’d become a real good man ;)), be presentable and hold on to your own personality. Do not copy others because becoming one of many is the way that people lose their own self.
So my two cents for your fashion choices for the festival:
- Be original. Do not try to imitate what you think would be right. Go with what makes you feel you. I mean look at Jared Padalecki! He’s every woman’s dream man (read between the lines) but he ain’t afraid to ‘stretch’ like he means it publicly.
- Do not be afraid of prints and colors (it is hot out here after all).
- Ditch the hair gel. Its just one night and really gooey hair is just not what a woman wants!
- Invest in some chucks. Casual is never done right unless some Converse All Star shoes are involved. But for the other end of the spectrum, loafers and some casual work boots are the epitome of class. So don’t be blind to your options. Make sure to pair uber casual with some kicks and button down with semi formals 🙂
- T-shirts are your salvation! (Enough said)
- Accessorize. Do not be scared of going indie! Invest in some jewelry. (Hit the Aldo at Elante!!)
Well there you have it my lovelies! Hope you enjoy the concert and let me know of any ideas for outfits in the comments section below.
And as always, its a beautiful day to learn something new and if something captures your attention be sure to include me with #tgac and #gayatrilearnssomething